Minnesota youth hockey state tournaments get underway this week
Starting on Friday, teams from around the state of Minnesota will be competing for the top prize in their divisions, from PeeWee and 12U all the way up to Junior Gold and 19U.
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Youth players from all over the state of Minnesota on Friday, March 18 will begin vying for the top prize as teams as young as peewee and 12U and up to Junior Gold and 19U compete in their respective state tournaments.
Each division of play will have their own bracket, with host sites being held throughout the state. Most of the tournaments will be held in and around the Twin Cities metro area, while a few others are scattered around northern and western parts of Minnesota. Below is a guide to where each tournament is being held and a link to brackets for each division.
- 19U only includes three teams; Edina, Minnetonka, and Blaine. The games will be held at the St. Croix Valley Recreation Center in Stillwater. Stillwater will also be hosting 15UA and 12UA.
- Junior Gold A and Junior Gold 16 will be held in Plymouth at the Plymouth Ice Center.
- Junior Gold B will be played at the St. Michael-Albertville Arena in Albertville.
- Bantam AA will take place up north in Minnesota in Baudette at the Lake of the Woods International Arena.
- More northern tournaments include Bantam A at the East Grand Forks Civic Center, 15UB at the Cullen Hockey Center in Moorhead, 12UB at the Motor Trail Events Center in Virginia.
- Fogerty Ice Arena in Blaine will be host to PeeWee B and Bantam B.
- And last but not least, PeeWee AA will be held at the Cottage Grove Ice Arena and PeeWee A will be played at the M Health Fairview Sports Center in Woodbury.