ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Brendan Bushy is from a hockey family in Thief River Falls. His dad, Jon, played college hockey for Minnesota State University-Mankato. His younger brother, Evan, is a St. Cloud State commit and is playing juniors for the Minnesota Wilderness in the North American Hockey League. They also have a younger brother who is playing at the bantam level of youth hockey.
Brendan's grandfather, Joe Bushy, was the president of the Blue Line Club when the Civic Center in East Grand Forks was built in 1974. Bushy talks about his hockey-rich family, growing up in Thief River Falls, playing junior hockey for the Dubuque Fighting Saints and playing in the state hockey tournament in St. Paul.
- SCSU recruit Evan Bushy has had challenging, rewarding start to his unusual season
- Evan Bushy, one of the top high school players in the U.S., shares family ties from Thief River Falls to St. Cloud
- SCSU recruit Evan Bushy, a defenseman from Thief River Falls, named to USA roster
- Huskies Hockey Insider podcast: Zach Okabe discusses being on a line with 2 Finns, the 5 countries he's lived in, keys to his strong start and more
- Huskies Hockey Insider podcast: Nolan Walker discusses growing up in Anchorage, what he did to prepare for this season, his 4-goal game, playing for Culver Military Academy and the Sioux Falls Stampede