USHL Roundup: Alex Bump plays big role in Omaha’s win at 2022 Fall Classic
From the Fall Classic, only four teams in the USHL remain undefeated after two games played.
PITTSBURGH — The 2022 USHL Fall Classic is now a wrap, and there are only four teams in the league that remain undefeated at 2-0 (USNTDP, Chicago Steel, Lincoln Stars, Tri-City Storm) but there was enough action on day four to close it out on a high note.
DES MOINES BUCCANEERS
- Michael Bevilacqua leads team with three points, all coming from assists through the first two games of the season.
- Lubomir Kupco leads the team in goals at the end of the Fall Classic with two.
- The Buccaneers go 0-2 to start the season after falling in OT to the Fighting Saints Saturday and to the Phantoms on Sunday.
- Will Whitelaw , Andrew Strathmann and Matthew Perkins all leave the Fall Classic with three points each, leading the team.
- Six players have points on the stat-sheet through two games.
- Phantoms leave Fall Classic with 1-1 record.
- After a scary collision into the boards in Saturday night's game against Omaha that resulted in Brady Cleveland being stretchered off of the ice, team staff has said he is expected to be OK. On Sunday morning, Cleveland said he had suffered a concussion.
I am doing better now! Just a concussion.— Brady Cleveland (@_bradycleveland) September 25, 2022
- Will Smith leads the NTDP with three points, two goals and an assist through two games.
- NTDP is 2-0 on the season after winning in OT Saturday against Omaha and taking the game against Waterloo Sunday.
WATERLOO BLACK HAWKS
- Griffin Erdman leads the team with a pair of goals.
- 12 players on the Black Hawks have at least one point on the season through the first two games.
- Black Hawks went 1-1 at the Fall Classic. They picked up a win against Youngstown Saturday and fell to the NTDP Sunday.
- When speaking with head coach David Wilkie, he said forward Alex Bump is skating better than he's ever seen him skate.
- Bump leads the team with two goals, both scored Sunday against the Fighting Saints.
- Lancers go 1-1 at the Fall Classic, falling to the NTDP on Saturday but finishing strong with a shutout win over Dubuque.
DUBUQUE FIGHTING SAINTS
- Michael Burchill ends the Fall Classic with three points, all assists.
- After two days, Ryan St. Louis remains the teams leading scorer with two goals.
- Fighting Saints finish the Fall Classic with an OT win against the Buccaneers, and a shutout loss to the Lancers.
Only the USNTDP, Chicago Steel, Lincoln Stars, and Tri-City Storm leave the Fall Classic undefeated. On the flipside, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders, Madison Capitols, and Sioux City Musketeers are still looking for its first wins of the season.
After finishing at the bottom of the USHL in 2021-22, the Des Moines Buccaneers achieved their preseason goal and made the playoffs for the first time since the 2018-19 season
Counting down 25 of the top NTDP and USHL draft-eligible prospects that should hear their name called later this month in Nashville
Thirteen NTDP players and 11 other USHL players will participate in next week's combine ahead of the 2023 NHL Draft
Brett Skinner becomes Fargo's fifth head coach since the 2018-19 season after leading the NAHL's Minnesota Wilderness to the Robertson Cup Championship