7 Minnesotans named to Team USA roster for Women's U18 World Championship
The State of Hockey will be well represented when the U.S. opens the tournament against Sweden on June 6 in Madison.
MADISON, Wis. — The State of Hockey will be well represented at the 2022 IIHF U18 Women's World Championship, with seven Minnesota natives making Team USA's final cut ahead of the tournament scheduled for June 6-13 in Madison.
In addition to the seven Minnesota natives, head coach Katie Lachapelle will bring three more members of the team currently playing high school hockey in the state. Those players are Sydney Morrow (Darien, Conn.) and Maggie Scannell (Wynantskill, N.Y.) who play for Shattuck-St. Mary's, and Jenessa Gazdik (Somerset, Wisc.) who plays for Gentry Academy.
- Sedona Blair (Eden Prairie / Holy Family Catholic / University of New Hampshire)
- Emma Peschel (Edina / Benilde - St. Margaret's / Ohio State)
- Danielle Burgen (Lindstrom / Chisago Lakes / Minnesota - Duluth)
- Claire Enright (Lakeville / Lakeville South / Wisconsin)
- Madison Kaiser (Andover / Holy Family Catholic / Minnesota)
- Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka / Minnetonka / Minnesota)
- Josie St. Martin (Stillwater / Stillwater / Uncommitted)
Team USA is scheduled to play an exhibition game against Canada on Thursday, June 2, in Blaine before beginning tournament play against Sweden at 8 p.m. CT on Monday, June 6, at LaBahn Arena in Madison.