ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Nolan Walker thinks his last four-goal game happened in youth hockey. But the junior center from Anchorage, Alaska, had four in a game Saturday in a win over Miami and is the reigning NCHC Forward of the Week.
Walker has bounced back from a challenging sophomore season and already has more goals (7) and points (14) than he had last season. He discusses some keys to the turnaround, how he spent the offseason and also discusses his career from growing up watching Alaska-Anchorage games to playing for Culver Military Academy and the Sioux Falls Stampede before joining the Huskies.
- RELATED STORIES:
- SCSU to allow family members to attend athletic events; game added to CBS Network lineup; 3 Huskies earn NCHC honors
- Huskies Hockey Insider podcast: Chase Brand on his 1st goal of the season, the top golfers on the team are, growing up in Nevis, his athletic family and more
- SCSU's Nolan Walker scores 4, doubles last season's goal total in 1 game
- Zach Okabe stands tall with game-winner, assist on game-tying goal for SCSU
- Huskies Hockey Insider podcast: Eric Rud discusses having 3 kids living in 3 states, Miami's recent success, the road from Oxford to St. Cloud and more